Glass Island cruises are strictly over 18 events. It is a condition of entry that all guests present a valid and acceptable form of photo identification and anyone under 18 or without valid identification will be refused entry with no refund. Acceptable forms of ID are limited to an Australian driver license, NSW Digital Driver License, Australian or other Passport or a NSW photo ID card.
We ask all guests to check the weather conditions and dress appropriately.
Please wear appropriate footwear. We would advise against high heels. Please take extra care whilst using the stairs onboard and hold onto the handrail. Glass Island is a boat and whilst it is very stable it may still rock as we slowly cruise around the harbour. Please use care and follow staff instructions whilst boarding and disembarking the vessel.
Please listen to the safety announcement and follow any safety direction from staff or the crew at all times. In the case of an emergency please put on a lifejacket and follow directions from out trained staff.
With a large open plan layout across 3 levels guests have the choice to book a General Admission Ticket (GA) or larger groups can book a table on our MIDDLE DECK or TOP DECK. Whilst we do not reserve seating or tables for General Admission tickets, we do have a lot of seating available across all 3 levels and these are available on a first in first served basis. GA tickets still allow you to move freely around the vessel (subject to level capacity restrictions).
All tickets and VIP packages are non-refundable regardless of circumstance. We do, however in some circumstances offer the flexibility of a credit for future cruises if you let us know in advance. Please email us for assistance.
We try our best to accommodate table requests, however due to extenuating circumstances including weather that we cannot control, no table location is guaranteed.
Glass Island is a fully licensed venue and we do not permit BYO food or alcohol. Food and alcohol is not included in the ticket price.
Drinkable liquids are not permitted (including water bottles) when boarding the vessel.
We reserve the right to refuse entry for any anti-social behaviour. Failure to comply with our door policy or potential responsible service of alcohol risks and will not be refunded.
Patrons showing signs of intoxication and/or disorderly behaviour will not be allowed entry to the vessel and will not be refunded.
If a patron is exhibiting signs of intoxication, they will be offered water or complimentary non-alcoholic beverages prior to security making the necessary arrangements for them to be removed from the premises.
Security reserve the right to refuse entry to any group or guest.
At the patrons costs a tender or a water taxi will be called for unduly intoxicated patrons, to take them home safely. The vessel may also make unscheduled call to a public wharf in order to remove patrons from the premises.
All staff actively monitor levels of intoxication of all patrons.
Glass Island has a designated holding point for any patron deemed intoxicated. The holding point is monitored by security and management.
Aggression or violence will not be tolerated at any time. Any patron who becomes aggressive will be asked to leave. Any patron who becomes violent towards other patrons or staff will be referred to the police.
Glass Island maintains a ZERO TOLERANCE drug policy.
Smoking is not permitted on the top deck or the interior decks of the boat. However, a designated smoking area is available at the back of the outer middle deck. Please be mindful of your fellow guests and use the designated areas.
We want you to enjoy your time with us safely. Please drink responsibly and use caution when moving around the vessel. Reckless or dangerous behaviour will not be tolerated.
We strive to be responsible members of the community and take our impact on residents and local businesses seriously. Please be courteous when disembarking the vessel and keep noise to a minimum.
Patrons choosing to bring valuables to the premises do so at their own risk. Please note we do not have a cloakroom.
Performing artist line-ups are subject to change without notice and no refunds will be given.
Our cruises go ahead in the case of rain, hail or shine (unless deemed unsafe by our captain – this will be assessed on the day of the event and guests will be notified). In instances where it rains during a cruise, we close our top deck and guests can safely enjoy our two fully enclosed decks.
Glass Island reserve the right to use any images or video taken onboard the vessel by our professional media team for any purpose including but not restricted to; promotion, social media and third-party advertising. Please inform the photographer if you would not like your photo taken.
Door Policy & Dress Code
- Smart, casual dress is appropriate, and heels are acceptable although we generally advise against them for your own safety as we are a moving vessel.
- No loose singlets, flipflops, obvious designer brands or paraphernalia (e.g. sashes, dress ups or decorations of any type).
- Bookings of over 8 guests (per group) need to include equal male & female attendees to ensure a balanced ratio. Strictly no bucks groups; we allow hens parties with a maximum of 20 guests.
- Any guest may be required to undergo a bag check search when they enter and / or during the event. A person who refuses to undergo such a search, and / or bag check may be prohibited from entering from the event without being entitled to a refund of the admission fee, or such a visitor may be immediately removed from the event.
- No gang associated behaviour, jewellery, accessories or clothing that displays or infers by form of word, colours, logo, symbol or otherwise.
Responsible Service of Alcohol Policy
- We aim to provide all guests with a safe, friendly and fun atmosphere to enjoy onboard.
- We encourage those who choose to drink alcohol to do so responsibly.
- Unfortunately, some people tend to over-indulge and can become unruly / disruptive in some scenarios. This type of behaviour is unacceptable as it may hinder the enjoyment and safety of other guests, resulting in serious consequences. As a licensed venue, we have a responsibility to help minimize this risk to individuals, our staff and to the community.
- We support the Responsible Service of Alcohol and have policies in that all staff must follow.
- We have a range of food options readily available that encourage guests to eat when drinking.
- We serve drinks in standardised quantities that can be recognised by guests. Half measures of spirits are available on request.
- We ensure that free drinking water is readily available at all times at each of our bars and drinking it is encouraged by staff.
- Our staff are trained in responsible service requirements and know how to refuse service to guests that shows signs of approaching intoxication
- We encourage guests to monitor and control their own consumption of alcohol.
Low alcohol and soft drinks are available from each of our bars.
- We discourage rapid or excessive consumption of alcohol.
- We deny entry or service to anyone who is intoxicated.
- All necessary RSA signage is visible to both guests and bar staff